In Vikings War of Clans materials are used in your Forge to craft equipment and can be found in six different qualities: Simple, Usual, Unusual , Rare, Epic and Legendary. The six quality grading system follows other similar games such as Mobile Strike.
Combining four materials of the same quality will create one of the next quality. Higher quality materials result in better equipment with higher stats.
Finding materials in Vikings War of Clans to craft your equipment can be tricky. Often you end up just needing one final material to craft your perfect weapon, only to spend weeks with every other material possible dropping, except the one you need! Persistence pays off.
In this guide I have put together a full list of exactly where you can find every material in the game. This is currently a work in progress, so if you find material drops which are not listed below, please note where you found them and we will update the list accordingly.
Where to Find Materials
Materials can be found in game in a variety of ways, including:
- Completing personal, clan or premium tasks.
- Gathering resources at a resource point.
- Opening equipment coffers.
- Killing or hitting invaders.
- Gathering resources at an invader’s lair.
Out of the above, the only way you can influence what materials you find, is from gathering on resource points/invader lairs, or from attacking invaders.
Standard materials can be found on resource tiles, which allow you to craft standard equipment. Materials dropped from Invaders and gathered in Invader Lairs are used to craft invader equipment.
How to Find Better Materials
On resource points and invader lairs, the higher the level of the resource tile/invader lair, the higher the chance of better materials dropping.
For invaders, every hit or kill grants the chance for materials to drop. A single hit offers the chance to receive a single material. A kill offers the chance to receive between 0 and 9 materials. Just like resource tiles, the higher the level of the invader, the higher the chance of getting better quality materials.
To increase the chance of getting high level materials from invaders further, you need a high level of sustained attack and high level of critical chance.
Complete List of Where to Find Materials
Below is a complete list of where to find all the materials currently in Vikings War of Clans. This list will constantly be updated as and when I can verify material drops. The list is split between Resource Points (for standard materials) and Invader hits, kills and lairs (for invader materials).
- Cotton – Farmlands, Silver Altar
- Debris – Lumberjack’s Shed, Silver Altar
- Diamond – Iron Deposits, Silver Altar
- Elixir – Farmlands
- Feather – Farmlands, Lumberjack’s shed
- Glass – Hewers’ Camp, Silver Altar
- Granite – Hewers’ Camp
- Hide – Lumberjack’s shed, Silver Altar
- Lead – Iron Deposits
- Leather – Farmlands, Hewers’ Camp
- Rope – Farmlands
- Steel – Iron Deposits
Invader Hits, Kills and Lairs
- Ancient Stone – Barbarian
- Arrow Shaft – Khazar
- Arrow Splinters – Hun
- Bear Bones – Man-eaters
- Bear Grease – Man-eaters
- Boar Pile
- Broken Quiver – Hun
- Bronze Bars – Centurion
- Bull Sinews – Barbarian
- Canis Bone – Canis
- Canis Claw – Canis
- Canis Fangs – Canis
- Chainmail Piece – Khazar
- Clay – Celt
- Cliff Rock – Cave Lion
- Clover – Celt
- Copper Ingot – Celt
- Dog’s Bone – Hounds
- Durable Leather – Cave Lion
- Forest Moss – Man-eaters
- Forged Steel
- Fur Cloth – Hounds
- Fur Tuft – Canis
- Green Scale
- Gypsum – Centurion
- Iron Awl
- Iron Chain – Barbarian
- Item of Armor – Khazar
- Laurel Leaves – Centurion
- Leather Strips – Centurion
- Linen Fabric – Centurion
- Lion’s Wool – Cave Lion
- Oak Bark – Man-eaters
- Oak Planks
- Old Belt – Hun
- Old Claw – Cave Lion
- Piece of Felt – Khazar
- Poisonous Teeth
- Poleaxe Blade – Celt
- Raw Leather
- Reddish Blood
- Resin – Barbarian
- Rough Bristle – Man-eaters
- Rusty Spikes – Hounds
- Serpent Poison
- Serpent Tongue
- Sheepskin – Barbarian
- Silver Casting
- Smashed Shield – Hun
- Steel Chain – Hounds
- Steel Plates
- String – Celt
- Strong Sole
- Tendon – Canis
- Thin Leather
- Torn Cloth – Hun
- Tough Bowstring – Khazar
- White Sand – Cave Lion
- Worn Leather – Hounds
The following is a list of confirmed gem drops:-
- Agate: seige offense – Celt
- Alexandrite: stone production – Canis, Man-Eater, Khazar, Celt
- Amber: march speed – Canis, Khazar
- Amethyst: lumber production – Man-Eater, Huns
- Beryl: troop capacity – Barbarian, Huns, Cave Lion
- Emerald: hero energy regeneration – Canis, Khazar, Hounds, Huns
- Garnet: scout offense
- Jacinth: killer offense – Man-Eater, Hounds
- Jasper: silber production – Man-Eater, Hounds
- Lazurite: iron production – Barbarian, Cave Lion
- Opal: cavalry offense – Barbarian, Cave Lion
- Peridot: hero energy capacity – Barbarian, Canis, Man-Eater, Khazar, Cave Lion
- Rhonodite: melee offense – Huns, Celt
- Ruby: total health – Canis, Khazar, Hounds, Huns
- Sapphire: food production – Barbarian, Man-Eater
- Spinel: range offense – Canis, Khazar, Hounds
- Tourmaline: troop defense – Barbarian
- Topaz: resource yield speed – Barbarian, Hounds, Cave Lion
Please help us to update the list, by leaving details of your Vikings War of Clans material drops in the comments section below.
Erik the Red